Reflection on Richard Cory

As I memorized the poem of “Richard Cory” I started to think about it differently.  I thought about why he might have killed himself, and I thought about how the poem relates to my life today  I wanted to know more so I went as far to listen to the song Richard Cory by Simon & Garfunkel, and I don’t know what is was but I felt something as I listened to the song, I also got something valuable out of it, just becuase someone’s  rich, well educated and have everything a man would want does not mean they are fully happy maybe it’s to much for them or they might just be lonely with no one to talk about what they feel and what they want becuase every person needs Simone to make them feel like they are not alon I. The world. I can’t really relate to him becuase I haven’t thought of committing suicide, every time I’m feeling lonely or sad I just think positively, I start to think about my goals and I go out have fun, and remember I have my whole life ahead of me, full of adventures and risks I’m waiting on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Socrate method

Success

How I learn